Free Curbside Recycling Service
The City of Creve Coeur provides free curbside recycling services to residents of single-family homes and participating condominiums. Each single-family home in the city has received a 65-gallon recycling toter free of charge. All recyclable items may be commingled in the toter. Call Public Works at (314) 872-2533 with any questions.
Other Recycling Options
St. Louis County provides a list of locations where electronics and batteries can be dropped off for recycling throughout St. Louis County. For recycling of items not listed in the Acceptable Materials section below, please review the recycling information published by St. Louis County.
Republic Services collects the recyclable materials and delivers them for sorting to their recycling facility in Hazelwood. All recyclable items may be placed in the recycling toter. Place the toter at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the same days as your trash pick-up day. Please note, many items which are considered "recyclable" are not part of the curbside recycling program. Access information on how to dispose of or recycle hazardous household waste items such as batteries, paints, construction materials and electronics.
Only place these items in the recycling container
- Flattened cardboard (e.g., cardboard boxes, frozen food boxes, milk cartons)
- Metal cans (e.g., aluminum soda cans, food cans)
- Paper (e.g., newspaper, envelopes, phone books, magazines)
- Plastic bottles and jugs (e.g., water bottles, milk jugs, laundry detergent containers)
How to prepare your recyclables
- Empty, clean and dry. Keep all recyclables free of food and liquid.
- Keep it loose. Never put recyclables in containers or bags.
Never PLACE THESE ITEMS IN THE RECYCLING CONTAINER
- Plastic bags and wrappers
- Soiled paper
- Clothing and shoes
- Greasy pizza boxes
- Electronics and batteries
- Construction waste
- Medical waste
- Yard waste
- Scrap metal